The 10 Commandments for Blogging
30.09.2011 / Social FUN! / by sm_admin
Stop what you’re doing or you’re about to ruin the image and the style that you’re used to… yes that is from a rap song. However, I think we can all (including me) learn from those words. Below are the 10 commandments for blogging:
Thou shalt not blog:
1) when mad, angry, or irate
2) when intoxicated
3) after being served with divorce papers
4) while driving
5) after watching Glee
6) while breast feeding
7) while running on the treadmill
for at least 20 minutes after eating Mexican food
9) after finding out your mortgage balance is 25% higher than your house is worth
10) and last but not least, never blog right after a political debate.
My point is make sure you think about your image and how you want to be perceived before you use Social MarCom to issue a press release, aka, blog post to the world. I’m not trying to convince you to be something your not, as that originality is part of your value prop, however, you don’t want to sit down without obeying the aforementioned blogging commandments and jeopardize your brand and reputation.
All that said – be smart, remember the commandments, don’t bash your competition, and always Stay Social..